Monday, September 14, 2015

Transition?...

Transition??? Yes, I said transition! I haven't blogged in a while, but I've missed it and want to start back up again. Only this time-- no more fashion posts, but sports instead! Y'all may be thinking "uh... Olivia, why?' and I'll explain. Last month, I scored an AWESOME internship with Larry Vaught, a sports journalist for The Advocate- Messenger and freelance writer. Larry was named Kentucky's 2011 National Sportswriter of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. Mr. Vaught is a graduate of the same high school that I attend and a graduate from The University of Kentucky. I am ecstatic for the many opportunities that have already been presented to me, and the ones to come! I have been working on a  huge project and cannot wait to share with y'all, October 1st. With my internship, I can get the chance to do many great things with one including being a host for "WHIR Blue Zoom Sports Report" radio show every Thursday night. The radio show includes me, Larry Vaught, and David Hopewell (former University of Kentucky football player.) We discuss all things sports for UK! You can tune in every Thursday at 6 on http://www.hometownlive.net/ the show is also podcasted the following day. I am SO excited to begin to pursue my dream job of being a sports broadcaster and journalist. Thank you all for the support and encouragement! Stay tuned for more posts!

No comments :

Post a Comment