Sunday, November 27, 2016

L's Down



The Kentucky Wildcats came into the Papa Johns Stadium on Saturday morning with only a 4% chance of winning against the Cards. Four percent... Let that sink in. After a thrilling game the Cats shocked the world (well, let's just say a WHOLE lot of people- even UK fans). The Cats pulled out a 41-38 win and took home the Governor's Cup.

As you could imagine, and what you saw from fans I'm sure you realize the amount of excitement this upset brought to the BBN. So much so the fans even had a party at the Commonwealth Stadium to welcome the boys back into town, and of course I had to join in on the fun.

I was very happy to see hundreds of passionate fans lined up to support the Cats, not to mention having to stand in the freezing cold for an hour while we waited. Could you blame us though? This game ended the regular season, and the Wildcats came out with their first winning season since 2009. The spirit of the fans and especially the football players when they arrived, was amazing! I am so happy for them, Coach Stoops and the rest of the coaching staff. Well deserved!

The celebration started with fans simply greeting the players, players walking through the long line of people, everyone thanking them for the support and ended with the team dancing on the stage including Mark Stoops.

Below are a few pics I took, very low quality since my not-so-smart-self forgot my actual camera at home. I also have videos going to be uploaded to my YouTube @OliviaPrewitt.



No comments :

Post a Comment