Monday, June 20, 2016

Kentucky Sophomore Makes the Move to Head to Michigan


photo from 247 sports

Word broke from ESPN's Jeff Goodman (and was confirmed) that Kentucky sophomore guard, Charles Matthew's, will be making the move to The University of Michigan. Matthews believed it would be best to transfer from UK after this season when only averaging 10 mins of playing time per game, and almost 2 points a game. He is required to sit out this upcoming season, due to NCAA rules and regulations. However, he will still have 3 years left to be eligible.

Coach Cal stated in an interview, "the hardest thing as a coach is to lose a player that you really want to coach.”
“In Charles’ case, I believe he is going to be a productive college player who has the ability to play at the next level. I know Charles’ best basketball is ahead of him, and while I’m a saddened to see him go, I support his decision and will help in any way I can.”  

Big Blue Nation wishes the best for Matthews on his new journey! I had the pleasure of meeting Matthew's and I am not able to think of one bad thing to say about him. Great well rounded athlete, not only a great basketball player but most importantly an even better person off of the court. Once a wildcat-- always a wildcat. 

No comments :

Post a Comment