Sunday, February 8, 2015

#20beautifulwomen

WINTER RETREAT 

     If you're a big "instagrammer" you've more than likely caught onto the #20beautifulWomen trend. When I first noticed that hash-tag I wasn't the biggest fan, my initial reaction was, "Oh, great just another annoying hash-tag and it means absolutely nothing. My whole TL is now flooded with selfies...." Well turns out, the timing for this hash-tag trend to blow up could not have been any more perfect.

       This weekend was the annual Winter Retreat for Amplify. Incase you're not familiar with what Amplify is, it is just simply the name of my youth group at Southland Christian church. This weekend blew me completely away. To say I was speechless is even an understatement, God pointed out to me very clearly my struggles and that I do NOT have to try to fix them on my own!

       When you look in the mirror, are you happy with yourself? I mean, are you TRULY and genuinely happy with yourself? Ladies be honest. Do not try and sugarcoat your answer to that question, it simply should be a yes or a no. For me, it has always been a no. Accepting and loving myself has always been the biggest struggle in my life. I look in the mirror, and what's the first thing I always do? I pick out all of my flaws, say "ewh" when I see a pimple, tell myself that I wish my nose was smaller, wish to myself that I had better hair, and the list could go on forever. Self image has been the thing in my life that Satan always seems to attack me for. I chose to share this because every single one of us is battling with something and I learned that is not okay to keep your struggle hidden in isolation.
 
        The theme for this weekend was called "The Fight." There was a time when all of the girls met together for a breakout session to discuss accepting ourselves for who we really are. This session could not have had any better timing or been any more on point and relatable, Gods presence hit me immediately. It is so captivating to see how God can move in your life if you let him in! During this time, one of the life group leaders shared her testimony and constant battle with her self image problem. Everything that was said hit me hard. THAT moment yesterday was the moment for the very first time I have ever accepted me, for who ME! Not for my unrealistic standards I've set for myself, and all of the comparing myself to others that I've done previously before.

Ladies, you are ENOUGH. You are LOVED. You are ACCEPTED by Jesus. You are a PRINCESS to the one true King! You BELONG. There is NO ONE like you, God created you to be YOU and not anyone else. Stop trying to out perform others, and START outperforming Satan and all of his nasty lies that he tries to convince you are true, reality check; THEY'RE ALL LIES! You are BEAUTIFUL. Stop comparing your weakness' to others strengths, you'll never be happy with yourself, trust me.



               1st Peter 3:3-4
3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 
4 Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

1st Samuel 16:7
the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.



             

No comments :

Post a Comment