Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Modest Is THE Hottest

I don’t know about you, but I know I’m beyond ready for it to be summer time! This past winter has felt like a polar vortex, I’m so over all of the snow and cold weather! Well anyways, enough of my complaining but with summer coming up soon, I thought I would create a post on a little look into what my wardrobe will consist of this spring and summer.  ALSO a brief devotion on how to look HAWTT while still being modest, because after all modest is the hottest, right?! Well of course it is ;)
1 Peter 3:3-4 is my “go-to” Bible verse when it comes to discussing  your appearance and modesty… This is what it has to say,
“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.”
For me this verse is like a “wake up call.” Every single time I read it I think to myself am I being a shining light and displaying what a daughter of Christ looks like? Or am I showing more skin, and causing guys to fall into sin and causing them to lust? Think about that and spend some time in prayer. Apply this to your life. God sent his son to die on the cross for YOU and EVERYONE else on this Earth knowing that not everyone may even love or believe in him. If that isn’t love then, I don’t know what love even is. GOD IS LOVE, and our hearts our thirsty to know more about him and to receive his love, freedom, mercy, grace, fulfillment, forgiveness, and all other amazing things that God offers to us.



Fill yourself up with more of Jesus and let others know your love for Christ! Be a shining light for HIM!
Okay well now here are some items that I have/will be purchasing for this summer. These clothing items and accessories are so cute but also modest. Pinterest is a very fabulous site for outfit inspiration, check it out if you don’t already have an account!  















XOXO, stay fabulous ya’ll!
-Olivia <3 

No comments :

Post a Comment