Friday, July 8, 2016

Russ Yeast Plans to Release his Top 7 by the end of July

Russ Yeast continues to rise. The incoming high school senior is prepared for what is to come; according to ESPN, Yeast is currently ranked a 4 star playing at corner. The Indiana CB has taken full advantage of improving during his off-season.

Photo from Russ' Instagram profile
"In the off season, I was going into the weight room at 7 every morning before school, then running after school with my track team. Track helped to prepare me even more for my senior year. My football coach also plays the role of the track coach too, so he was training me and getting me where I needed to be speed and agility wise. So really just a lot of lifting and running." Says the talented 5'11 and 175-pound corner.

Yeast recently backed off from his commitment at UK and is now undecided.
Russ says "people can expect me to make my decision probably during mid-season." "I also have my top 7 schools picked out and I'm just waiting to release them around the end of July." So be sure to keep an eye out for that news.

He is the son of Craig Yeast, UK's all-time leading receiver who went on to play in the NFL. So is Russ expected to live up the legacy of his father? "It leaves a lot of pressure sometimes if I don't perform well I will never be able to leave his shadow... That's always something I have in the back of my mind. People come up to me asking 'are you Craig Yeast's son? and so on' so it can be tough." Yeast said. 

Yeast doesn't let that stop him or distract his game, in fact, it drives him even more. Yeast went on to say, "The success I have had already is just the beginning. I know I have much more ahead of me, trying to fill the big shoes of my family honestly motivates me the most. I want to be the best. I have to be able to get out of that shadow and prove my own abilities." 

Russ believes that him attending camps in the past has been a major help in the aspect of improving himself and getting seen by recruiters. He feels that Donovan Peoples- Jones challenged his game the most when working alongside him at the camps they both attended. "He's really fast, tall, big, and just super athletic." Said Russ.

Russ is not complacent with the success from the past. He said, "This season I'm looking to improve in trying to stay healthy. I've gotten hurt both sophomore and junior year season. I wanted to get stronger and faster which I've already accomplished, and I want to have at least 1800 yards this season."

Last fall Yeasts football season unfortunately ended sooner than expected due to him experiencing a severe ankle sprain. Before he was injured, within the first 5 football games alone, Yeast had already scored 17 TD's... SEVENTEEN! When I asked if he had a signature touchdown dance he smirked real hard and said "no." However, be warned: the "no" did not sound very convincing to me.



His playlist right now to get hype is, "anything Kodak Black" he said. So maybe if you happen to be out and see Russ, turn on some Kodak and maybe he'll reveal some of his dancing skills for ya.

I had a great time catching up with Russ and only wish him the best for his future. Continue to shine, Russ!

No comments :

Post a Comment